Emberex is looking for an experienced and talented digital designer to join our team in downtown Eugene, OR.
We build web and mobile applications for a variety of clients, many of them related to online education or research projects. Our projects frequently involve UI/UX, branding, illustration, animation and all aspects of responsive design. Our engineering and QA teams work together to create innovative software that provides all the functionality our clients want. But let’s face it - engineering and QA teams suck at design.
We need someone who can take great ideas and make them beautiful, responsive, elegant, and intuitive. Someone who can talk to clients and ask the right questions to figure out how users will interact. Someone who can talk to programmers about the intersection of functionality and usability. Someone who can bring new ideas to the conversation, but who can also listen to what others have to say. Someone who doesn’t think the checkbox is the swiss-army-knife of user interfaces.
We use Sketch and inVision and other tools that make sense. We build wireframes and mockups to convey our ideas and guide conversations about UI, UX, and visual direction. We sit near each other and collaborate on projects. Sometimes we even talk about stuff that’s unrelated to work.
Things we’d love to see on your resume:
- Demonstrated experience creating responsive designs for highly interactive web and mobile applications
Things we’d love to see in your portfolio:
- Great examples of beautiful visual designs
- Great examples of intuitive and elegant highly-interactive user interfaces
Things we’d love to discover when we meet you in person:
- You’re smart and creative
- You have a passion for the artistic aspects of web design, as well as a strong understanding of the science behind it
- You communicate your ideas clearly and easily, you thrive on collaboration
- You thoughtfully incorporate feedback but also defend the ideas that you feel strongly about
- You understand things like type hierarchies
Things we’ll want you to do once you start working here:
- Create wireframes to facilitate communication about UI/UX
- Create visual mockups to guide conversations about visual direction
- Create visual assets to be included in our applications
- Collaborate with our team of designers, developers, and QA engineers, as well as our clients
We’ll provide a fun office full of smart, creative people and sometimes a dog, competitive wages, a yearly bonus, excellent health, vision, and dental insurance, a matching 401k plan, disability insurance, paid time off, in-office massages, and more.
If after reading this you’re interested in the job, please send us a cover letter, resume, and portfolio: firstname.lastname@example.org